Does everyone world is made for being in a relationship ? Many people ask themselves this question. Some people like to be single and prefer to be alone. Others think everyone should be in a relationship and enjoy the benefits of being in a relationship. What is the answer ? Understanding this question could help you determine if you want be in a relationship or stay celibatee. We will discuss this topic in this article.
The single life, its advantages and disadvantages
The celibacy, single life or unmarried status are terms for a person who is unmarried. Celibacy is a voluntary or imposed situation. Some choose never to marry, but for others, celibacy is only a step before entering married life. Celibacy can be also linked to a religious choice (the consecrated life of nuns) or a professional choice (the world of art). In addition, single life can begin at any time, although initially being single is often a temporary state, sometimes that it settles permanently.
I. Some benefits of being single
Single life is often perceived as negative, but in reality, living alone symbolizes freedom, independence and untapped potential for growth. Learning how to make the most of your single status is essential to living a happy and fulfilling life. Singles are more likely to invest time in themselves. While the married couples spend their time caring needs of their partner and family members, singles invest in their own needs and desires. This makes them more balanced and independent people who have more self-confidence than those who rely on their relationship to thrive.
They also tend to develop stronger bonds with family members and close friends, as they rely on them for the support that a spouse would otherwise provide. There is also evidence that single people enjoy better mental health than married or cohabiting people. A study conducted by the National Institutes of Health found that results from 33 studies showed that married people had lower rates of anxiety and depression than single people. But upon closer examination, it turned out that this was because unhappy marriages lowered the numbers rather than happy marriages raised them. Singles had levels of self-esteem and life satisfaction much higher, which made them less stressed about their life in general.
II. Some Disadvantages of Single Life
Celibacy presents many advantages. But there are downsides too, especially if you’ve been in a relationship for a long time and then become single. The inconvenients outnumber the benefits, because everything is more difficult without someone to share your life with. The disadvantages of single life are as follows
- You are fully responsible for yourself and all household chores.
- You have no one to talk to when you get home from work.
- There is no one to take care of you when you are sick and you have to take care of yourself.
- Someone to have sex with or be intimate with.
- Someone to watch TV with and share your interests.
- Someone to go out or dine with in the evenings or on weekends.
- Someone to encourage you in your work, who believes in you and supports you in everything you do, who helps you when the going gets tough, who gives you strength when everything seems dark and hopeless, who keeps you going even when times are hard and difficult or problems seem insurmountable (impossible).
Married life, its advantages and disadvantages
Married life is a union of two people who share the same life. This union is based on love and mutual respect. Life as a couple can be registered legally or not, it can be in free union or have the status of spouse. There are different types of couples which vary according to the duration, the activities physical and sexualthem economic assets and legal effects of this union. Life as a couple (also called conjugality) corresponds to a stage of development for every human being. The beginning of this stage marks a step towards adulthood for each person, who will have to learn to live with another person who has his own personality and desires.
I. Some advantages of life as a couple
According to a study conducted by the University of Essex, England, the cohabitation of couples increases their well-being and satisfaction in life by up to 70%. The research was conducted with a sample of 4,000 people who have lived together for at least 15 years. One can also mention other advantages such as:
- You can split bills
- You can enjoy fresh meals prepared at home.
- It’s nice to have someone to talk to
- You have someone to call in an emergency.
- You have someone to help you with your hobbies and passions.
- You have someone to help you keep the house clean.
II. Some disadvantages of living as a couple
According to a study carried out in 2012 by the University of Michigan Institute for Social Research, 46% of cohabitants eventually marry, 40% separate, and 15% simply continue to live together. Several disadvantages explain this statistic in particular:
- Living with a partner means you will have to share your space, which can certainly be a challenge.
- You may find it difficult to find your own space in the house, especially if you spend most of your time together.
- There will be times when you need to be alone, and that’s not always easy when you’re living with someone. You may find yourself trying to find a way to spend time alone.
- You can’t do what you want when you want.
- Financial differences: One partner may want to save for their future, while the other wants to spend today and worry about tomorrow.
- A lack of privacy: When you live alone, everything is as YOU like it. When you live with someone else, your family life is no longer just about relaxation and comfort, but also about negotiation and compromise.
In short, we have just weigh the pros and cons of single life and married life. Although there is no single answer to the question of whether everyone should be in a relationship, a lot can be said. for and against single life, life as a couple or other. It all depends on each individual, who must try to find what suits them best.
Videos about Is Everyone Made To Be A Couple
I created stat-rencontres.fr to help you choose the dating site that statistically matches you.
In fact, I’ve always had “couple arranger” fibre, to help my friends find shoe on their feet.. which is already the case for me.
find the channel Youtube of Stat-Dating ici.
If you have some reactions / questions, you can put them in the comments, With pleasure,